Everything that you need to know at your fingertips for a short trip to Athens!
If you are planning to visit Greece, get ready to experience one of the best countries in the world. With this Greece trip itinerary and travel guide, you will see some of the top sites in Greece including the Acropolis and Parthenon, and other popular attractions.
Where to stay in Athens?
For the best areas to stay in Athens, we highly recommend staying in hotels or apartments in either the Plaka or Monastariki areas with great views of the Acropolis.
2-Day Athens Itinerary
Including must-see in Athens (great if you only have 1 day in Athens) and a day tour option!
Self-Guided Athens Walking Tour
- Start with one of the top places to visit in Athens. Hike up the Acropolis and tour the Parthenon, on your way down see Mars Hill (where the Apostle Paul preached to the Athenians).
- Stop for a typical Greek lunch
- Visit the Acropolis Museum via a stroll through the Anafiotika area.
- Tour the Ancient Agora
For a guided walking tour of Athens, Click here to book a good tour of Athens
More must-see in Athens tourist attractions
- Walk by the Temple of the Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, through the Plaka, and continue by the Acropolis to Monastiraki Square (you may want to visit the daily flea market here.)
- Continue on to Syntagma Square. If it’s Sunday, don’t miss the Changing of the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at 11:00.
- Have lunch then take a taxi to the National Archeological Museum for a stroll through one of the best museums in the world.
- Return by taxi or hire a tour guide to drive you, Book your Athens tour here now
- Spend the evening in the Thissio and Psyrri area or…
We hope that you have a wonderful time in this beautiful city!
Happy safe traveling!! L xx